FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD110 and FCP 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Ventra
JVC GY-HD110 and FCP 7.0.3
on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:35:20 pm

Hello One and All --

I have a footage recorded on a JVC GY-HD110 that was recorded at HDV 720p 60/30 which looks great in pull-out monitor on cam, (in proper 16:9 aspect ratio, smooth picture, etc,) but when I import it into FinalCut Pro 7.0.3 on my 3-1/2 year old 17" MacBook Pro with 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 running OS X 10.7.5 it comes in with as a horizontally squeezed 4:3 aspect ratio and no matter what I do as far as presets (including the ones I created for this camera in the past) I cannot seem to get it to import in 16:9. If I then adjust the picture with the wireframe handles to fill the canvas a 1 minute clip wanted 8 hrs to render -- this is unacceptable as I have about 2 hours of footage to edit -- also after rendering it is very strobe-like on the computer monitor -- (but have not had a chance to check it on an external monitor yet) -- I have used this cam with FCP many times before but have never experienced this -- Although if memory serves since updating the OS I have only edited older DV tapes and 720p 24 from this camera -- Has anyone else had this experience or know what I should do? This is maddening and I don't know if it's something old and simple I am just overlooking or if it's something new that I just can't figure out!

Thanks to all for any help you can be! Oh yeah, and I do have the actual camera it was shot on and an exact duplicate and it is doing the same thing on both! Feeling quite discouraged and concerned. Also, will ask camera owner if there are any updates he needs to do to his cameras.

Thanks again and Peace --

Duke

Return to posts index

Leon Johnson
Re: JVC GY-HD110 and FCP 7.0.3
on Jun 5, 2016 at 1:40:47 pm

Did you ever get this problem solved with the HDV tape which was recorded on a JVC GY HD110?

A new client sent me his HDV tape to convert to DVD, and though my Sony HVR-M15 HDV deck will beautifully play the tape in my 24-inch monitor via A/V out, I can't get FCP 7.03 to read the video. I understand the JVC GY HD110 format is called ProHD.

My Sony deck shows up in the System Profile, and in the log and capture window, I can control the Sony deck, but when it captures, the timecode moves ahead, but the preview screen is black.

Are there special settings acceptable to FCP 7 so it will capture? I read one blog which said ProHD uses XDCAM.

Need help.

Thanks.

Leon Johnson
Johnson Video Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
on Jun 5, 2016 at 3:12:53 pm

This is a well known problem which many have tried to answer, I had a JVC ProHD for 3 years with FCP7 and I'm not sure I ever fully ever understood it! The JVC HD110 records at 720p and up converts to 1080i on playback, I think you'll either need a JVC BR-HD50 or a JVC HD110 camera to capture it to FCP. This article might help explain it - http://www.provideocoalition.com/universal_hdv_deck_almost/

I ended up buying a BR-HD50 and had no problems capturing to FCP 7.0.3. If you consider buying / using a JVC HD 110 camera, one point to remember is the FW out socket usually ends up broken and most don't bother to get it fixed due to cost!

Web - http://www.foxvideo.co.uk
Blog - http://foxvidpro.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to posts index

Leon Johnson
on Jun 5, 2016 at 7:39:21 pm

Thankful for your reply. Confirming to know.

Leon

Leon Johnson
Johnson Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]