FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Need Color Correction and Effects Workflow Advice: FCP7 to After Effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Mitchell
I Need Color Correction and Effects Workflow Advice: FCP7 to After Effects
on Nov 19, 2013 at 3:27:22 pm

I'm looking for some advice on workflow. I just finished a short film and now need to color correct and a few effects and animation shots. I figure my best bet will be to use Automatic Duck to import the project in AE (I'm using FCP7 and AE CS4 – so old school, right?). This way, I can color correct, add effects, create animation comps etc and work on it all right there.

(And yes, I know FCP7 has a good color correcter, I like AE better).

Is this the best workflow? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? My project will end up being around 13 minutes long (1080 24p), the render time is going to be murder, isn't it?

Any thoughts on using Resolve or Color instead? Maybe creating my anim and effects shots and inserting them into FCP7 before going to color correction?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: I Need Color Correction and Effects Workflow Advice: FCP7 to After Effects
on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:40:02 pm

For color grading, Apple Color is better suited than AE.
If your project was longer I would suggest Color; but being that short, if you feel comfortable with AE, go with it.
rafael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:38:39 pm

Do you know how to use RESOLVE or COLOR? They aren't simple apps. They have very specific workflows that need learning before you can use them. Use what you are comfortable with. I also recommend Red Giant's COLORISTA 2 if you want to be simple and stick to grading in FCP. You can push things far more with it than you can the 3-way color corrector

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jon Mitchell
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:44:07 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just stick with what I know. Going to test run a round trip here in a second to see what limitations exist.

Yeah, I was just watching a tutorial on Resolve. It looks amazing, but like the learning curve doesn't correlate with my deadline. :P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]