FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need advice ASAP please! My life would be so much easier if everyone was on FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Severino
I need advice ASAP please! My life would be so much easier if everyone was on FCP
on Nov 17, 2013 at 12:18:50 am

Please help! I just finished cutting a film together on Final Cut Pro 7. The client wants the project delivered in an Avid MC 7 project. I tried downloading and installing automatic duck and using that to export my FCP project. Turns out that it doesn't work on Avid MC 7. I am hoping and praying that you guys here have some suggestion that I can try that will allow me to import my project into Avid MC 7. Thank you guys!

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual Quad Core
14GB RAM
NVIDIA 8800 GT
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
OS X 10.7 (Clean Instal)
Final Cut Studio 3 (Clean Instal)
Logic Studio (Clean Instal)
(And now Avid MC 7 Trial)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I need advice ASAP please! My life would be so much easier if everyone was on FCP
on Nov 17, 2013 at 4:11:46 am

Find someone with MC 6.5 or earlier to import the Duck files, and then they give you the project to open and save in MC 7.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: I need advice ASAP please! My life would be so much easier if everyone was on FCP
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:44:49 pm

[Joe Severino] "The client wants the project delivered in an Avid MC 7 project"

Depending on how complicated the sequence is, with time remaps, geometry changes, text, and so on... there is even a chance that "washing" your FCP7 XML through DaVinci Resolve, and exporting an AAF is worth a try... Some things will not translate, but the media structure would be there.

Duck would be the best for interpreting all the non-media generators, etc.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]