FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixelation in DVD Studio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Reeves
Pixelation in DVD Studio
on Nov 14, 2013 at 10:43:49 pm

When I print DVDs I get a few seconds of a throbbing pixelation.
I am a wedding videographer and most of the DVD's have a Trailer, Movie, and Ceremony. It has happened on the last two weddings, both times near the end of the ceremony and I honestly have no idea what is causing it. It is not existent in Final Cut, so I'm guessing it is happening somewhere during compression.
These last two weddings have been edited/printed from a new iMac so I am guessing its some sort of setting on the new computer/new Final Cut. Its FCPro7
I am honestly not much of a tech person so I'm really lost. Any help will be more than appreciated.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Pixelation in DVD Studio
on Nov 15, 2013 at 6:26:15 pm
Last Edited By Gary Milligan on Nov 15, 2013 at 6:53:15 pm

You'll have to provide more info about your general workflow in order to get advice that may help you. What format is the original footage? What are your sequence settings in FC? How are you getting from FC to whatever you are using for DVD authoring? What are you viewing your DVDs on? My first instinct is the same as yours - it's happening during compression. Unless your original footage is SD, what you're seeing is probably due to scaling from HD to SD. You may be able to do some tweaking in your compression settings to improve your results.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]