FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project WILL not open on my system

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Rhodes
Project WILL not open on my system
on Nov 14, 2013 at 6:41:24 pm

I'm stumped. I have a project I've been working on for the past 4 months and all of a sudden, it crashes upon opening. Crashes every time at the 28% mark. I can open it on other FCP systems, but not mine. I tried saving it elsewhere and re-opening on my system, doesn't work. I took all of the drives offline, still won't open. I've trashed prefs, caches, everything I can think of. Still won't open. My system opens every other project of mine but not this one. What to do??????
Thanks,
Gabe
FCP 7.0.3
OS Mavericks
Dual 2.8 Quad Core Xeon

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Project WILL not open on my system
on Nov 14, 2013 at 10:37:21 pm

[Gabriel Rhodes] "OS Mavericks"

Do the other systems have different OS versions than you do? FCP 7 isn't supported under MAVERICKS.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gabriel Rhodes
Re: Project WILL not open on my system
on Nov 15, 2013 at 6:50:49 pm

It happened before the upgrade too.
I finally figured out a workaround. I opened the project on another system and removed the bins one at a time (some recent footage had been giving me trouble, which is what gave me the idea). When I removed the three most recent shoots from the system, I could open the project fine. Mind you, this is not a corrupt media file that's hanging up the project because I had taken all of the drives offline. This was a corrupt bin, I guess? Is that possible? For a bin to become corrupt? So weird....
Gabe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]