FORUMS: list search recent posts

assistant editor's question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ania Ejsmont
assistant editor's question
on Nov 12, 2013 at 5:06:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I am an assistant editor from Europe, and I want to move to US. Where should I look for some job opportunities? Are there any websites, forums, groups you reccomend?

I work in FCP 7, FCP X and After Affects
+ lots of other skills

Let me know where should I search

Ciao,
AN

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: assistant editor's question
on Nov 12, 2013 at 5:48:30 pm

Where do you plan to move to? Best opportunities for assistant editors is NY and LA...more in LA than NY. Places to look are staffmeup.com, mandy.com...and by networking and befriending editors.

And you better start learning Avid. FCP 7 is still in use in parts of this town, as it refuses to die. But it is fading, and Avid Media Composer is gaining ground. Premiere Pro is appearing as well, but if you want to be a marketable assistant editor, you must know Avid media Composer.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ania Ejsmont
on Nov 14, 2013 at 1:02:53 pm

Shane, Joe, thank you for your advices!

Shane, I haven't decided where to move yet - it depends on job. Of course I would prefer LA.

It seems in Europe FCP is also fading, and Avid seems to be the only future. Yet, suprisingly some huge recent projects I've been working on where made with FCP7.

And yes, I work also with Avid :-) It's just FCP I am so familiar with that I can work with my eyes closed.

Best,
AN

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Nov 12, 2013 at 9:48:13 pm

http://www.mandy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]