FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality dvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tamou
Poor quality dvd
on Nov 10, 2013 at 5:38:49 pm

I have a movie I shot in HD and Edited in FCP7. It is 57 minutes long and I need to put it on dvd. I export from FCP using File>Export>Ouicktime Movie, leave it at "Current Settings". The entire file is only 661.2 MB for the 57 minutes. Then I put that file in compressor at the 90 min DVD settings. The finish DVD has poor quality video. Any suggestions? Thank You.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Poor quality dvd
on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:38:27 pm

661MB for 57 min? Seems VERY low. What format of footage are you working with? What codec? And what are your sequence settings?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:09:16 am

Thank You Shane. After going back and checking my footage format, I realized that I had about a minute of DV tape (SD) footage in my movie that was coming from an external drive via usb cable. What I did to correct this is, created a sequence with only the SD footage and exported it to Quicktime as Prores. Then I brought it back into the movie in FCP, then exported the whole thing (57 minutes) through Quicktime Movie "Current Settings". It is a 3.7GB file and I have put it in compressor at the 90 minute dvd settings. Hopefully it goes through this time. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Nov 11, 2013 at 10:36:24 pm

Keep in mind that your original footage is High Def… DVDs are Standard Def. You will never get the same picture quality. There are settings in Compressor that will help with transcoding for DVD but I can't help with that because I don't use Compressor - I use BitVice to transcode from HD to DVD files. What are you using to build your DVDs?

HTH

GAry

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Nov 13, 2013 at 2:23:37 pm

Using compressor is ok, just make sure you put on the Frame Controls and set the resize filter to highest quality.
Even though I recently read, that the one before highest quality is way faster and even gives you better results.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]