FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to fix FCP viewer different from quicktime original footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lambert
How to fix FCP viewer different from quicktime original footage?
on Nov 9, 2013 at 10:05:43 pm

screenshot2013-11-09at12.45.03pm.png

The images in the picture are from the same source footage, top being FCP viewer and bottom being Quicktime vid clip.

I took the clip on my desktop and opened it up, then I imported that same clip in to FCP. As you can see the FCP image is displayed much darker. Which brings up the problem of how can I make any adjustments with any certainty if the images I'm adjusting or playing with are not how they are or how they will export out to be?

I had a friend suggest I calibrate my monitor (which I did using Sypder) - however even if I made my monitor colors green, the images displayed above would still be different shades of green. This makes it an FCP problem and not a hardware problem.

I made the suggested adjustment in FCP settings from Accurate to Approx without much of a change.

I look forward to reading any suggestions or workarounds as I am at a complete standstill on how to proceed with my work.

Thanks in advance

Rob Lambert

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: How to fix FCP viewer different from quicktime original footage?
on Nov 10, 2013 at 4:34:43 am

Confucious say "When FCP starts acting weird the first thing to do is trash the preference files."

There's a free program at Digital Rebellion that will to this task for you called Preference Manager. You can find it at the link below.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Try the program and see if this solves the colour issue.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Rob Lambert
Re: How to fix FCP viewer different from quicktime original footage?
on Nov 12, 2013 at 7:58:30 pm

Thanks Don! I'm going to try this - does this reset the software in some way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]