FORUMS: list search recent posts

VO Track Distorted on Youtube App

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Chen
VO Track Distorted on Youtube App
on Nov 7, 2013 at 10:45:48 pm

Most of my videos that I'm posting to youtube play correctly on youtube.com using Safari, Firefox, and IE. However, when anyone tries to play the videos on the youtube app (iOS) the VO track is distorted and garbled and all you hear is the background music. Has anyone ever come across a similar issue?

Here is a link to one of the videos:

At first I thought it might be a track balance issue, but I re-uploaded with just the VO track and I get the same issue. I tried uploading raw footage from the camera through both FCP and Premiere 5 and get the same result on the youtube app. Today, someone who was using IE had the same issue (of course I'm unable to re-create her issue).

For my workflow I'm importing from a Canon Vixia to FCPX, separating the audio track into a .wav file, cleaning up the audio track in Soundbooth and then re-importing into FCPX. (48Khz workflow all the way around).

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
John

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: VO Track Distorted on Youtube App
on Nov 7, 2013 at 10:57:20 pm

What is your peak audio at? 0 DB? Minus12? What?

Return to posts index

John Chen
on Nov 7, 2013 at 11:06:08 pm

VO track averages around -6db, the music track is set to -23db

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 8, 2013 at 2:10:09 am

There is a signal phase error so mono signals are cancelling. Check your audio workflow. If your dialog is stereo then the phase error is probably in that stereo track which could start with the cables into your camera. Either way just use one channel of your dialog and pan to center.

It is nothing to do with apps versus browsers. The phase error becomes apparent when the video is summed to mono on a small device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]