FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bertan Ayduk
Log and Transfer problem
on Nov 7, 2013 at 3:49:07 pm

Hi,
I was using FCP 7.0.3, the other day I wanted to log and transfer some MXF files in to the project but somehow log and tranfer window neither showed the video images nor Ƨmported them. There were audio but not video. First I tought it might be a codec problem (I had all the necessary codec installed) and reinstalled the MXF codec. Didnt work. An editor friend told me that it might be a good idea to remove system files of FCP then try. I did but didnt work either. I removed FCP 7.0.3 and intalled 7.0 instead but faced the same problem...there is audio but no video. Only one option left which is the formatting the computer which I dont want to do it.
I would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log and Transfer problem
on Nov 7, 2013 at 4:25:54 pm

MXF from where? A camera? What camera? Is the FULL card structure of that camera intact?

[bertan Ayduk] " An editor friend told me that it might be a good idea to remove system files of FCP then try."

What system files? Please say preferences...please. Those are the ONLY things you can remove safely.

[bertan Ayduk] "I removed FCP 7.0.3 and intalled 7.0 instead but faced the same problem...t"

How did you uninstall?

This sounds like a mess...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

bertan Ayduk
Re: Log and Transfer problem
on Nov 8, 2013 at 10:49:18 am

Hi,
Yes sounds like a little bit messy. First I have removed the the contents of the FCP user data folder. SO I believe I didnt harm anything. Actually FCP is still working with all components accept the log and transfer.
MXF files from a camera card or the contining folder which is dumped from the card to the computers hard drive (BPAV folders).
I am using Mac, so I simply delete the FCP from the applications. Possibly it is not correct?

Thank you for your interest and help in advance.

Bertan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]