FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 and Mavericks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Final Cut Pro 7 and Mavericks
on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:16:42 pm

Hi,

Has anyone who has Mavericks been using Final Cut 7 without any problems? I am using FCP Studio 3 and would like to upgrade to Mavericks, but I don't want to have any problems.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and Mavericks
on Nov 7, 2013 at 5:44:57 pm

Works fine.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 7, 2013 at 9:16:12 pm

If your RAID uses Western Digital hard drives, might have issues.

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Nov 8, 2013 at 7:50:51 pm

Qmaster preference pane doesn't work, so it has to be configured through the terminal. Otherwise, it works fine. If you use AJA IO HD, it's now discontinued and apparently, it losses video and audio sync with Mavericks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:30:19 am

That would be a deal-breaker for us: all our workstations revolve around IOHD for our gazintaz and goezouttaz. Do we know of AJA is going to make a firmware patch for this? Or should we start shopping for BlackMagic products from now on?

Return to posts index

Stephen Best
on Nov 12, 2013 at 7:33:34 pm

Just upgraded to Mavericks (after cloning system drive) from Snow Leopard and everything seems to be working fine.

Only quibble is that, so far, I can't upgrade Protools 10 to 11, which isn't yet compatible with Mavericks, according to Avid.

Regards
Stephen Best
http://stephenbest.ca

Return to posts index

Daniel Luthi
on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:59:28 am

I've been using FCP 7 with Mavericks 10.9 for a few weeks now, and the only problem I have encountered is that the Zaxwerks ProAnimator FCP plug-in crashes FCP EVERY time. All previously created clips that used the ProAnimator plug-in crash FCP as soon as the curser touches the timeline or one attempts to render the now un-rendered part of the clip. No solution found so far! Compressor 4.0.6 and DVDSP 4 both work perfectly.

Daniel in Taiwan
Mac Pro Dual Quad, 16GB RAM, FCP 7, Sony XDCAM PMW-350, Sony Anycast Station, Sony EX30, AJA KiPRO

Latest project on YouTube:

Return to posts index

Wendy Conquest
on Feb 28, 2014 at 9:56:15 pm

This is very strange. When I upgraded my MacBook Pro 13" to Lion from Snow Leopard, I lost the use of FCP 7. For regrettable reasons--trying to use Ustream for a live streaming event--I upgraded to Mavericks and lo and behold, FCP 7 came alive again. I haven't tried to use FCP yet on this computer since I have it on another computer, and I'm still trying to figure out UStream. However now when I stream on Ustream, even though I indicate "record to Ustream," FCP somehow automatically records my streams as Mp4s to the desk top! I am wondering if the recording actually is coming from QuickTime even though the file says FCP doc. I don't know where to go with this because it is all so inexplicable. Any insights would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]