FORUMS: list search recent posts

Coverting Audio Files to .cda?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Coverting Audio Files to .cda?
on Nov 6, 2013 at 1:41:35 pm

I've been asked by a client to take the audio from several video clips and convert them to .cda files for CDs.

Has anyone done this? What software have you used? Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Coverting Audio Files to .cda?
on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:30:02 pm

I believe the ,cda file does not contain any audio. It's a link to where the audio is-similar to an alias.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 6, 2013 at 6:36:35 pm

For what I read (Google) the .cda files are generated when making a CD on a PC (Windows), and, as John wrote, they have no really audio information inside. They point to the audio track, so they have no meaning out of the file/folder structure of the CD.
If you want to make a CD, convert the audio files to AIFF 44.1 KHZ and use Toast.
rafael

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Nov 6, 2013 at 6:47:11 pm

Thanks John and Rafael. The clien is asking for an audio version of the videos we create. These all teach foreign students how to speak English. So I would create wav files for them, and I imagine I would create an audio CD where I would need to createa .CDA file (for the CD.

How can I do that on a mac?

Return to posts index

Bill Dewald
on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:01:57 pm

A shot in the dark - author the CD using Itunes or whatnot, then create a drive image of the CD using Disk Utility?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 6, 2013 at 9:30:08 pm

Most disk burning programs (like Toast) will make an audio CD out of wav or aiff files which can be made as mixdowns of your videos. Convert to 44.1khz and 16 bit as Rafael said and then burn the disk. There should be options to gap the tracks and it will create the index markers based on the head of each file.

The resulting red book CD will contain the .cda files as the PCM wav or aiff data is simply rewrapped into the correct file format by the burn software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]