FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating multicam clips in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Lithman
Creating multicam clips in FCP 7
on Nov 4, 2013 at 10:28:49 am

I've been using FCPX to edit for the last year or so. It has a lovely function of creating multi cam clips very easily. I now has to switch back to FCP7 for reasons I won't go into. I've been using Plural Eyes 3 to sync up my 2 camera shoot and separately recorded audio track. It works nicely, BUT when exporting the clips backs into FCP 7 it doesn't create multicam clips, it just layers the synced media in the timeline

I have a whole bunch of media I need to make multicam clips out of, with as little hassle as possible. Is there an alternative piece of software that will actually make the multiclips?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Creating multicam clips in FCP 7
on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:47:00 pm

The alternative is to manually find the sync points in FCP...slates most commonly, and mark IN points...then multiclip. That's the "old fashioned" way that still holds true. There is no software that will do this with the push of a button...unless you use Pluraleyes. But then you need to edit with the way it groups.

Sorry, editing is fun, but involves a lot of work. Production as well...so please tell me they slated. I get so many production people who don't, and their excuse is "just use Pluraleyes." Sorry, that's no excuse for laziness.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Lithman
on Nov 5, 2013 at 9:07:38 am

They did slate, but the project is made up of hundreds of short multiple camera takes... It's a pain in the a** to be honest. I think I'll edited the multi-cam clips in FCPx, then export master files to use in 7, as required by the other editor.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 5, 2013 at 6:44:22 pm

[Ben Lithman] "They did slate, but the project is made up of hundreds of short multiple camera takes... It's a pain in the a** to be honest."

Oh, I know. I've been an assistant on TV shows with hundreds of takes and needing to group audio and video. It's been done for manually for decades, since the advent of sound. PluralEyes changed this, but you have to do things it's way...it doesn't magically make multiclips.

Editing does have a lot of tedious, repetitive tasks. Most jobs do.

[Ben Lithman] "I think I'll edited the multi-cam clips in FCPx, then export master files to use in 7, as required by the other editor."

Cool...does FCX do this? Sync like pluraleyes (automatically), but make multiclips?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Nov 5, 2013 at 6:49:15 pm

Yes, one of the wonderful features X has. As long as you have decent sound on each camera it will sync whatever you throw at it, very usefull when dealing with sloppy footage...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:07:44 pm

OOooo....Big +1 in FCX's corner then!

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]