FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Clips out of order FC{ 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gigi Harris
HDV Clips out of order FC{ 7
on Nov 2, 2013 at 1:43:17 pm

Hi guys, been a while since I posted here, I am still working with Snow leopard on a 2008 mac pro with 4 gigs of ram running FCP 7. I am having a really weird problem. I am editing a documentary and digitizing some HDV footage. When I put each tapes clips in their own separate folders (which I have done hundreds of times) this time the clips are out of chronological order when imported into FCP. They are fine in the finder and in order, but when I bring them in, they are out of order. I have tried re booting, and creating a new project but still they are out of order. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I don't want to have to go one by one and reorder the clips. There are hundreds

gigih7

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: HDV Clips out of order FC{ 7
on Nov 2, 2013 at 2:27:20 pm

What do you mean by "Out of order"?

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Gigi Harris
on Nov 2, 2013 at 2:37:37 pm

as an example in the finder I have folder for each tape captured. They are numbered wedding tape 1-1 wedding tape 1-2 and so on chronologically. When I import the folder and look at the drop down menu they are tape 1-1 then 1-10 and it it all over the place like that. when placed on timeline they are out of order as well. Here is the really weird thing. I decided to go straight from the finder to the timeline and they are out of order as well. But when I place individual clips in order manually one at a time. On the timeline, the clips no longer have numbers. example, tape 1- then again tape 1 for next clip where it should read tape 1 then next clip tape 1-1. I have done this hundreds of times and this has never happened. I always capture now entire tape

gigih7

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 3, 2013 at 2:55:35 am

"When I import the folder and look at the drop down menu they are tape 1-1 then 1-10 and it it all over the place like that."

that ordering system is an old one, but FCP is an old app.
if you number your folders, or bins 1-01, 1-02, etc then 1-10 should fall in the correct place.

some free re-naming software will help you with this

" look at the drop down "
do you mean look in the Browser??

another thing to do is to sort your browser items by columns other than name,
such as the Media Start column.

sorting by Reel AND Media Start is good if you have all your clips in one bin.
to do that sort by reel, hold SHIFT, and also click on the Media Start column header

nick

Return to posts index

Gigi Harris
on Nov 3, 2013 at 8:35:23 am

thanks Nick. Actually, what I did was start a new project and re capture everything. Problem was gone with the new project and all clips were in there proper order. I guess it was a corrupt project. I don't think FCP 7 (or X) will be long for this world for me. I just can't wrap myself around X (professionally) and 7 is just old and outdated. Plus, No Blu ray Authoring anywhere in the Final Cut mix. I think my next step is Premiere Pro. I really need Encore as well. Hate Toast for BluRay Authoring. I'll be sad to leave FCP but been sort of forced into it. Held out as long as I could

gigih7

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:51:45 pm

There is a good program called digital rebellion. It solves most of the problems with FCP. If you want to swap, take Avid MC6 or 7. I don't believe in the Adobe CC stuff - it is a real rip-off. You don't own the software any longer, you rent it. If you want to access a film you've edited let's say 4 years ago and if you don't subscribe it any longer you are not able to reedit or do something. You have to subscribe again.

Be aware that Adobe wants to squeeze another buck out of everyone,

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved