FORUMS: list search recent posts

17 fps to 18 fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniele Carrer
17 fps to 18 fps
on Nov 2, 2013 at 9:43:42 am

Hi guys
I did a film transfer with Moviesfuff machine Retro 8. Incredibly the frame rate of the video created is 17 fps, even if super 8 films were shot at 18 fps and normal 8 at 16 fps. Unfortunately the Company who did the job didn't save JPGs 1:1, as the machine allowed to do, so I can't work out with them by importing JPEG sequence with most of editing software and choosing the frame rate I want to.
As you know there are 2 ways to convert the frame rate: duplicating frames or speeding up/slowing down the video. Most of the software like FCP or MPEGSTREAMCLIP work in the first way, but the problem is that I need to speed up 17 fps to convert them to 18. I first tried to "fool" Final Cut creating an 18 fps sequence (Yes you can by exoporting, editing and re-importing XML!), importing the 17 fps video in the sequence and speeding it up at the right rate, which in this case is 105.88%, but watching the footage frame by frame shows sometimes duplicated frames. It's 3 days I'm dealing with this and I can't find any answers in forums. Does anyone know how to do that job?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]