FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resetting Canvas in Final Cut Pro 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandra Hidalgo
Resetting Canvas in Final Cut Pro 6
on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:36:34 pm

I am working on a sequence in Final Cut Pro 6 that we shot with two cameras (both in 1440X1080), as I was editing I must have done something because the image in the canvas got zoomed in. In order to fix it, I right-clicked and removed the attributes (basic motion checked), once I did that, the image did get unzoomed but that action also caused the whole frame to move in the canvass, so that now I have quite a bit of black space around the images in the canvass and I can only see a portion of them. This remains the same when I bring those images to another sequence where the canvass is showing the whole image. Is there a way to reset the canvass so that it goes back to how it was before I removed the attributes?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Resetting Canvas in Final Cut Pro 6
on Nov 2, 2013 at 3:37:35 am

"I am working on a sequence in Final Cut Pro 6 that we shot with two cameras (both in 1440X1080), as I was editing I must have done something because the image in the canvas got zoomed in."

my first response would be you accidentally zoomed your canvas.
quite likely you wanted to zoom the timeline, and hit Comand +. but it was the canvas that was the active window.
happens to me all the time!

to fix that, select the canvas and hit Shift+Z ("Fit to Window" which also works in hte timeline)

" In order to fix it, I right-clicked and removed the attributes"

if my first guess is right, then you've "fixed" the wrong thing.
although why removing attributes would make your image SMALLER is a good question.

what sort of sequence are you working in? maybe it does not match your clips' settings
could be your sequence is 1920x1080

nick

Return to posts index

Alexandra Hidalgo
Re: Resetting Canvas in Final Cut Pro 6
on Nov 2, 2013 at 5:27:16 pm

Thanks, Nick. Shift Z seems to have worked, which is a great relief! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]