FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple 30" Cinema Display Dying

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fanjoy
Apple 30" Cinema Display Dying
on Nov 1, 2013 at 6:49:51 am

I have been editing in FC on my Apple 30" Display for five years now and LOVE it. Unfortunately, it is letting me know it's time to put it out to pasture.

Can anyone recommend a new monitor they believe is solid for Final Cut HD editing, and graphics design? I use Photoshop to create my fonts and graphics for shows, and for manipulating photographs.

I rarely used my Cinema Display beyond 2048x1280, as it doubles for normal business activity and the text gets too small. And I prefer the single-monitor wide screen layout approach to two monitors.

I have been told the ASUS PB278Q is solid. Someone also recommended staying with Apple and going for the Thunderbolt Display. Lastly, I found the LG 29EA93-P, Ultra Wide monitor which seemed intriguing considering I prefer the one monitor display for Final Cut layout.

Thank you in advance, guys. I respect editors' opinions, particularly in this arena with the highest regard. You have to sit there and look at that monitor all day!

Mark Fanjoy

Wherever I am...I'm lost!

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Apple 30" Cinema Display Dying
on Nov 1, 2013 at 3:27:53 pm

We've got two samsung 27'' Monitors,

if you calibrate them properly they are great (recalibration after 6 months). One of the best displays are Eizo displays (expensive but very good), especially for grafics. It depends on the use of the computer monitor. For editing we use a class1 control monitor, so the computer side is not that important for us.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]