FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Default DVD Setting making DVD img file too big to burn - didn't used to

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Compressor Default DVD Setting making DVD img file too big to burn - didn't used to
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:30:36 pm

Hi.

I've been making DVDs from my outputs for months now without issues using the default DVD setting and all of a sudden today it is making the img file too big to burn to a DVD.

I didn't change anything that I'm aware of, I just select the default DVD setting from the window that opens up when Compressor starts and it has always worked fine.

Now it's making the img file at 4.45gb and I can't burn it, I've run it through twice now. The other files seem small enough, I don't know why it would add so much to the img. All my older img files range from 4.41gb-4.44gb.

.ac3 file is 125.5mb
.m2v file is 4.24gb

Shouldn't that fit? Why is the img file growing in size so much?

I guess I'm going to try setting it to send it straight to the DVD burner rather than making an img file on the HDD... Would really prefer making img file though, it's safer in case something goes wrong with the burn and I get stuck with just the ac3 and m2v files.

I don't have DVD Studio Pro on my system, but I do have FCP Studio discs. I guess I could reinstall FCP Sand get it on here or see if I can just install only that (can I?). I haven't wanted to uninstall/reinstall due to a couple projects on here but I suppose it doesn't matter, I'm just paranoid.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Compressor Default DVD Setting making DVD img file too big to burn - didn't used to
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:42:11 pm

This is just a wild guess, but check your assets to see if you are duplicating one or more of them unnecessarily, or if your timeline mark-out accidentally contains a whole lot of black that was included at the end by mistake.

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Compressor Default DVD Setting making DVD img file too big to burn - didn't used to
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:53:52 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm using a QT export that's sitting on my HDD, so the black isn't an issue.

By check my assets, you mean after it's in Compressor? I'm just using a QT, so I'm definitely not dropping anything in more than once.

Here's what I'm doing.

-Open Compressor and select Create DVD from the default template selection that comes up automatically.
-Take my Avid output QT, 25.21gb, and drop it over into Compressor so it now shows the DVD MPEG-2 info and DVD Dolby Audio info.
-I go to Inspector, choose Hard Drive for Output Device and give it a title.
-Hit Submit.

It always just makes an img file that is able to be burned. Today for some reason it's making it just too large to burn.

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:41:21 pm

Well, going straight to DVD is working. Not sure why the img ended up too big???

Anyway... I'm set for now.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:41:40 pm

What is the data rate setting for the mpeg2, and can you stand to lower it some? How much audio is there, and is it all stereo or surround?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 1, 2013 at 3:42:00 am

You can always change your bit rate. This will reduce your file size.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]