FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems After Update

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fortin
Problems After Update
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:05:13 pm

Was out of the office for 2 months. When I got back I installed the Software Updates without thinking. Now, video files will not play in FCP 7.03. They appear green and I can hear the audio.

When I try to play them in QuickTime 7.66 or 10.0, the video is black, but the audio plays.

I am running MAC OS 10.6.8. I think, that might have been one of the Software Updates. I probably was running 10.6.7 before the update (but I'm not sure).

Any ideas how to remedy this problem?

I have an older Time Machine back up of my applications. But recently I've been backing up my data files on different drives without the use of Time Machine. I've never used time machine to restore files. Any ideas on the best way to just restore the applications I just updated?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Problems After Update
on Nov 1, 2013 at 3:23:14 pm

This is Snow Leopard (10.6.8),

it is the best OSX for FCP to me. Its running flawless on our editing systems - no problem. I wonder, whether your system causes problems.
Did you run all updates for 10.6.8 ? (I recommend that)
Then repair permissions
then trash FCP Preferences
then restart your computer,

normally this should resolve your problem.
A very good software is digital rebellion, worth every cent,

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

David Fortin
Re: Problems After Update
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:45:18 pm

I had already trashed preferences, which I do regularly. I forgot about repairing permissions, though. Thanks.

That did not help.

After further investigation, there seems to be a problem with any QuickTime Movie with the Apple XDCAM EX codec.

I can open up any other QT movie in both QT and FCP 7.03. But the QT movies with the Apple XDAM EX codec only play audio in the QuickTime player, and show green in FCP.

This probably came from using the Software Update. It looks like I may have to restore my MAC OS and other applications using OS X Recovery via Time Machine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]