FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform FCP footage from Transcoded files to Uncompressed Quicktime for Grade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jim
Conform FCP footage from Transcoded files to Uncompressed Quicktime for Grade
on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:26:15 pm

Hi, thanks in advance for your help with this.
I can edit, but have little knowledge of the technical side of transcoding and onlining a project etc.

I'm getting a Grade/Color done at a post house, but because I have no budget and they're doing it for free, they have asked me to conform it myself. They want it either as an Uncompressed QT or Pro Res files with an EDL to Grade.

I have a FCP timeline with transcoded low res (quarter res) files in. I don't know how I convert this timeline to reconnect the RAW files so I can export it out for them to just Grade and not have the hassle of conforming themselves.

Does anyone know the best way of doing this? Also, once it's done, do I then just goto File/Export/EDL and that should be fine? Thanks a lot.

Also, If I export a single QT Uncompressed file for them, does that not mean that they won't be able to select each shot separately in the grade/color to Grade and tweak? I would've thought that would be important. Maybe they can...?

Thanks again,
Dave.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Conform FCP footage from Transcoded files to Uncompressed Quicktime for Grade
on Oct 31, 2013 at 11:29:53 pm

How did you convert the files in the first place? What format are they now? Quarter res? What codec?

What camera did you shoot them with...what format did it show?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Jim
Re: Conform FCP footage from Transcoded files to Uncompressed Quicktime for Grade
on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:53:58 am

Hi Shane,

It was shot on RED Scarlet. Someone did the transcode for me. It was done in Red Cine X.
The files are 1920x1080 Apple ProRes 422. Im told Quarter Res.

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:36:29 pm

I'd ask them. If they are using something like RESOLVE, exporting an EDL works, and resolve can link to the original RED media. But they should better be able to tell you what they require.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]