FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prob with DVD quality - fcp workflow in SD - is the prob FCP or DVD studio pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Hill
Prob with DVD quality - fcp workflow in SD - is the prob FCP or DVD studio pro?
on Oct 30, 2013 at 8:40:51 pm

I normally work with HDV so I need some help. I am working with someone that films in SD on their HD camera. They have the camera set to record NTSC anamorphic. They use FCP pro 7 for their editor and we are getting quality issues in the end result. He has his capture settings to DV NTSC amamorphic, the sequence settings to ProRes 422 and then sends when finished to File Share - Compressor DVD quality and then uses DVD Studio pro but has Lossless Video checked. I am wondering if the capture and sequence settings are correct for this or if they should be different to get the best quality looking product.

He uses Log and Transfer to get the files from his camera sometimes and sometimes uses Log and Capture depending on the camera - Sony NXcam or Sony FX1000.

Any help you can provide for the workflow would be appreciated.

Should the capture settings be ProRes422? Is there a prob because sequence and capture are not the same? He doesn't have a PRORES capture setting on one of his computers in the list to choose from where my setup does and so does another computer in the office. Last should he ALWAYS put the file through compressor before using DVD studio pro? Most videos are 90minutes long so they are pretty long some are more like 1hour 45minutes long.

If anyone could give me a workflow for SD and final product SD and we want the highest quality, I would really appreciate it. He uses Motion A LOT so there are motion files on the DVDS and timelines.

THanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Prob with DVD quality - fcp workflow in SD - is the prob FCP or DVD studio pro?
on Oct 31, 2013 at 5:46:50 pm

A normal SD DVD is always 720x576 in Pal or equivalent to NTSC.
So you do your ProRes file in FCP, then make a ProRes file of the finished piece. This piece you send to compressor or DVD Studio with the specs of the DVD and then you have got your file. Make shure you get a data rate around 6 MB/s,

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]