FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD CAM transfer for editing in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Kester
HD CAM transfer for editing in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:12:05 pm

I've been hired to cut an existing 50min video down to about 25min. The current version is on an HDCAM in 50i. The version I'm going to create will be played on NTSC DVD and Blu-Ray.

The company's going to convert the current version and mail it to me on a hard drive. They asked if they need to convert from 50i to 59.94i. I'm assuming the answer there is yes, since it's going to end up as NTSC. Is that right?

What other settings do I need to know about? What about codec? Should I have them convert to ProRes HQ?

If someone is able to give me a good breakdown of the important settings for this, that would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HD CAM transfer for editing in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:00:52 pm

[Brad Kester] "They asked if they need to convert from 50i to 59.94i. I'm assuming the answer there is yes, since it's going to end up as NTSC. Is that right?"

Yes. They need to have a post house with a Terranex convert and capture the footage as ProRes 1080i59.94.

[Brad Kester] "Should I have them convert to ProRes HQ?"

yes.

[Brad Kester] "If someone is able to give me a good breakdown of the important settings for this, that would be really helpful!"

Once they capture to ProRes HQ 1080i59.94, FCP will make a sequence to match. Cut full res, export full res, then convert for DVD. Unless they have a service that will do that encode...then give them what they want.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brad Kester
Re: HD CAM transfer for editing in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:13:26 pm

Awesome. That helps a lot. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]