FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scrolling video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hong
Scrolling video?
on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:39:18 pm

Hey there,

I haven't been able to find much info on this, but how would any of you edit something like this in Final Cut 7?

It's that smooth flowing video going across the screen and you notice that the shots are locked together. Is it even possible to do this in 7? I'm working with transcoded files from an EPIC at 1080. At the moment the best thing I can come up with is not to do it in Final Cut, but something like After Effects. But I figured it's best to at least ask around first.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Scrolling video?
on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:53:33 pm

Each "box" on it's own video track, alternating on 3-4 tracks, keyframed using the motion tab... But really I'd probably just build this in Apple Motion or Adobe AE, because stuff like this is their bread and butter, and making adjustments and changes would be way easier.

Return to posts index

John Hong
on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:56:52 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too Mark. Since I'm working with transcoded material, it will all get finished on Resolve for color correcting with the EPIC footage. So going from After Effects to Resolve isn't really doable. At the moment, the best plan I can come up with is do it in After Effects first for the edit. Then, goto FCP and go from clip to clip, key frame it to matchup with the AE output, and then make an xml out to Resolve.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:04:25 pm

If it was me, I would pre-select and rough-trim the clips in FCP, output them all at the correct rez into Resolve for color correction, then bring those clips into Motion or AE. AE can also do color correction, keeping the whole project in AE makes sense to me, but I guess you've made up your mind about Resolve.

Return to posts index

John Hong
on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:26:18 pm

Yeah, it's another facility handling the color correct. So it's a bit of a chore trying to come up with a workflow for this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:32:44 pm

If you're going to mix footage that needs different kinds of color correction, then it should be color corrected BEFORE you do compositing.

In your case, I guess that means a rough cut of the footage you'll use.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]