FORUMS: list search recent posts

SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:35:20 pm

I have been reading the posts on SmoothCam filter, and I'm not certain what problem I have exactly.

I have many HD clips in this project (some short, some long) that I have added this filter to. They seem to all render out until I get near the end - and then I notice all my previous rendered clips have not gone back to "unrendered" again.

"Is this because HD video and a SmoothCam filter - need more than 4 gb ram? That's all the ram I have at the moment.

"Do I have to export each individual CLIP as a Quicktime - and re-import them again? Or is this a ram problem?"

Thanks....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:04:36 pm

[Jonny Cates] ""Do I have to export each individual CLIP as a Quicktime - and re-import them again?"

Yes. This is a render bug with the smoothcam filter and it's a known issue that's present even in the last version of FCP 7.0.3. Don't expect any fixes either, because Apple stopped support for FCP a couple years ago. The work around is as you suggested: render the smoothcam clips, export them as a self-contained .mov and then re-import them back into the timeline.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:26:53 pm

Thanks Don...I figured this might be FCP filter/render issue.
At this point, and with all the controversy...I'm not certain where to go in program editing since Apple threw everybody under the bus.

I don't really want to go to FCPX. Maybe Premier?

Thanks again....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:41:41 pm

Yeah, Premiere will have the most similarity out of all present NLEs if you're coming from FCP 6 or 7. Although I have FCP 7.0.3 still on my system (and still love it) I've gone to Avid Media Composer 7 with the Symphony Option. I never could develop an attraction to Adobe, but to each his own.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:39:31 pm

Um, Premiere may not be a good choice, either.

Don't get me wrong: the latest version of Premiere Pro is reputed to be one of the finest video editing applications available.

It's just that you can't buy it.

You have to rent it from Adobe. And if you can no longer afford the rent for any reason, you can't open your Premiere Pro project file after 60 days. Sound good to you?

Adobe refers to this software cluster**** as Creative Cloud. There's an entire forum on the COW dedicated to the debate over it.

Now, the rent isn't all that much, but be warned: once you go down that path, you can't go back.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]