FORUMS: list search recent posts

SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:35:20 pm

I have been reading the posts on SmoothCam filter, and I'm not certain what problem I have exactly.

I have many HD clips in this project (some short, some long) that I have added this filter to. They seem to all render out until I get near the end - and then I notice all my previous rendered clips have not gone back to "unrendered" again.

"Is this because HD video and a SmoothCam filter - need more than 4 gb ram? That's all the ram I have at the moment.

"Do I have to export each individual CLIP as a Quicktime - and re-import them again? Or is this a ram problem?"

Thanks....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: SmoothCam Filter and FCP 6.0.6
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:04:36 pm

[Jonny Cates] ""Do I have to export each individual CLIP as a Quicktime - and re-import them again?"

Yes. This is a render bug with the smoothcam filter and it's a known issue that's present even in the last version of FCP 7.0.3. Don't expect any fixes either, because Apple stopped support for FCP a couple years ago. The work around is as you suggested: render the smoothcam clips, export them as a self-contained .mov and then re-import them back into the timeline.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:26:53 pm

Thanks Don...I figured this might be FCP filter/render issue.
At this point, and with all the controversy...I'm not certain where to go in program editing since Apple threw everybody under the bus.

I don't really want to go to FCPX. Maybe Premier?

Thanks again....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:41:41 pm

Yeah, Premiere will have the most similarity out of all present NLEs if you're coming from FCP 6 or 7. Although I have FCP 7.0.3 still on my system (and still love it) I've gone to Avid Media Composer 7 with the Symphony Option. I never could develop an attraction to Adobe, but to each his own.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]