FORUMS: list search recent posts

screen flicker in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Allen
screen flicker in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:36:04 am

I logged and transferred files from my HPX 170 into FCP. I imported my footage as 1080p30 which matches my sequence preset. When there is camera movement, jagged vertical and horizontal lines appear. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: screen flicker in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:48:42 pm

Nothing,

you need to check your specs within FCP and your monitoring. It depends on your monitoring and on your monitor, whether it is capable of doing progressive.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: screen flicker in FCP
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:55:32 pm

Make sure the timeline you're dropping your clips into is also set to progressive. The movement you're describing sounds consistent with progressive footage in an Interlaced timeline. If this is the case then changing the sequence settings to progressive for that timeline will not solve the issue. You need to create a new progressive sequence, copy and paste your work into the new sequence then delete the old one.

If you've already checked this out and everything is set properly and you're still getting line twitter then it's because your camera's sharpness setting is too much. Thin lines dividing areas of high contrast will also do the same thing in the timeline. To solve the issue you'll have to use the flicker filter on all those clips. And don't experiment with the different flicker filter strengths because that's a waste of time with heavy line twitter. Go straight to the maximum setting and that should get rid of most of it. If there's still some left then put a very very light gaussian blur on the clips until the twitter is all gone.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]