FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 won't allow me to change stereo audio into mono tracks.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Clancy
FCP 7 won't allow me to change stereo audio into mono tracks.
on Oct 28, 2013 at 3:42:49 am

I shot a short film on my canon t2i. The t2i has auto gain for the audio that you can't turn off. So, to counter this, I used an audio splitter that went out of the camera and into a shotgun mic on the right channel and an mp3 player on the left channel. The mp3 player was playing an almost inaudible static that deceived the camera, disabling the auto gain.

Now I have the footage, which is linked to the mov files, imported into the project. When I select the clip and go to "Modify", "Clip Enable" is checked and both "Link" and "Stereo Pair" are unchecked. All three are grey and unclickable. The shortcuts don't work either. They all have the little green arrows that show the audio tracks are linked. I want to unlink the tracks so that I can delete the static and allow the shotgun audio to come out of both the left and right speakers.

I've done this method of recording before and have been able to separate the tracks with no problem. Is there a setting that I possibly have set that would be preventing me from separating the tracks?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7 won't allow me to change stereo audio into mono tracks.
on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:44:10 pm

Highlight the trouble clips. Use the Unlink Clips command. Delete the unnecessary audio. Pan the good audio to Center.

Then you can re-link the clips. Clip by clip, one by one. No getting around that one.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Clancy
on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:54:16 pm

Thanks! I feel stupid haha, apparently it makes a difference if you double click the clip versus just highlighting it. Hadn't thought to just highlight.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:00:09 pm

Don't worry, we've all got these silly moments from time to time,

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>