FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone having trouble getting audio to playback in FC7 after upgrading to Mavericks?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Gilbert
Anyone having trouble getting audio to playback in FC7 after upgrading to Mavericks?
on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:43:12 pm

Hey guys,
I went to open a project this morning on my laptop, after I upgraded to Mavericks yesterday and now the audio won't play from either the sequence, or double clicking on it to the viewer window and playing. It plays just fine outside of Final Cut, just not in. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone find a solution yet?
Thanks!
Liz

Return to posts index

Christopher S. Johnson
Re: Anyone having trouble getting audio to playback in FC7 after upgrading to Mavericks?
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:19:25 pm

Did you try toggling the audio output settings in both FCP and the Audio System Preferences panel? Just to something else and back. Do you have an output card or just the Mac?

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Gilbert
Re: Anyone having trouble getting audio to playback in FC7 after upgrading to Mavericks?
on Oct 26, 2013 at 12:22:36 am

Just the Mac. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Final Cut and it seems to be working now. Fingers crossed!

Return to posts index

John Dutton
on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:31:26 pm

can you elaborate on your uninstall and reinstall process please. Did you use an uninstaller App? Did you reinstall the whole FCP 3 suite? Thanks for input. I purchased a new MBP, transferred everything from "old" system and now...um...you guessed it...trying to get things working again!

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Gilbert
on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:36:39 am

I went to my Application folder, deleted Final Cut only and emptied the trash. I then just reinstalled Final Cut. Wasn't having trouble with any of the other apps in the suite. You're having the same problem though, where audio won't play from the FC Viewer or the Tmeline? Even when it was working on your old system? Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]