FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Alexa AppleProRes 4444 to dpx workflow problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Sarlenga
FCP Alexa AppleProRes 4444 to dpx workflow problem
on Oct 23, 2013 at 9:03:53 pm

I´m a guy from Argentina, so excuse if i spell something wrong or incorrectly.
I´m working in a movie production that was shot in both Alexa and RED cameras. After finishing the editing, I need to do some VFX compositions, therefore I need to export from FCP the footage to DPX. My problem is that the footage from Alexa, was recorded directly into an AppleProRes 4444 mov, not in ArriRaw files.

I tried sending the footage to Apple Color for DPX export, but the DPX end up with the Black and White range changed, so I cannot use that to work.

I also tried using an XML file and exporting the footage with Adobe AE, the color result was perfect, but the frame sync was wrong, it kept adding or removing frames randomly.

I also downloaded the Glue Tools plugin demo version, before buying it, but it happened the same with the Black and white points range, they are changed in the export, so it differs from the original footage.

I´m pretty lost, and I keep trying new softwares to see if i can solve this problem, but time is running out. Is there someone who had the same problems that me, working with Alexa AppleProRes 4444 mov and exporting them to dpx keeping the colorspace intact?.

With RED footage i´m not having any trouble because i have the RED raw footage and i export the dpx using the redcine-x.

Thank you very much for any idea or suggestion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]