FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question: 4K Video - Aspect Ratio of 1 x 148 w/ Clock Display

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Valori
Question: 4K Video - Aspect Ratio of 1 x 148 w/ Clock Display
on Oct 23, 2013 at 7:54:37 pm

I need to export an 11 hour sequence for a client at 4K resolution. This is going to be a big ass file. The client has just requested that the aspect ratio for the video match that of the display wall it will be presented on.

The ratio that the video must be delivered to them is 4 x 148. The current ratio for the sequence is 4096 x 2160. If I am not mistaken, FCPX does not allow the ability to have custom aspect ratios.

Furthermore, in the far right hand corner I have implemented a clock that starts at 8:00 PM and goes all the way through 7:00 PM.

Please see the link below to help give a better idea as to what the screen will look like for all 11 engrossing hours.

LINK: http://imgur.com/BrVPzpw

Here is the issue that I am having. How should I export this video?

Should I omit the clock on the top right of the frame throughout the FCP export, and overlay it on the exported sequence when rendering via After Effects with the custom aspect ratio?

This is going to take well over a week to export, and I have to room for mistakes. I might be making this more difficult than it really is.

If you read through this, thank you. I look forward to hearing your guys thoughts.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Question: 4K Video - Aspect Ratio of 1 x 148 w/ Clock Display
on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:43:31 pm

This sounds like a job for AE and a job for distributed rendering, if you have that capacity.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Question: 4K Video - Aspect Ratio of 1 x 148 w/ Clock Display
on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:55:14 pm

4x148? the example you give isn't in that ratio...that looks 16x9. 4x148 would be tall and thin...a sideways banner ad.

This is something best done by AE.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]