FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML,EDL,OMF,AAF anything and everything

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Barker
XML,EDL,OMF,AAF anything and everything
on Oct 23, 2013 at 6:01:53 pm

Is there an app that can convert any and all of these to different flavors of themselves and the others?

Meaning... is there an app that can take an FCP XML and make it an AAF and an OMF, then take an Adobe Premiere XML and convert it to a FCPX XML. Or an EDL to an XML, or an OMF to an XML, or a AAF to any flavor of XML, etc.

I work in a lot of post production apps and I'm constantly having to deal with weird work arounds like when trying to get a Premiere XML into DaVinci I have to stop by Final Cut Pro 7 first. It's a pain in the butt and I'm tired of waiting on all these different developers to build support for one another.

While I'm pretty sure there's not an app for this, I'd like to give someone the opportunity to make this app and I will pay you money when you're done and I will tell everyone in the post world about it and you will become rich and famous and women will love you and big muscly men will want to be you (or vice verse if you prefer). I can make all your dreams come true if you can make this little simple app for me. thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: XML,EDL,OMF,AAF anything and everything
on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:10:14 am

I send Pr CS6 XMLs to da Vinci 9 & 10 without issue. I have the free Automatic Duck software to handle AAFs into FCP. da Vinci is a bit weird still with AAF but is actually a potential translator from AAF to FCPX xml which is imports and exports. So a combination of Pr, da Vinci and FCP7 with Auto Duck gets me out of most issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]