FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting ProRes to DNxHD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Queiroz
Converting ProRes to DNxHD
on Oct 22, 2013 at 2:17:36 pm

Hello guys! I have been using CreativeCow for a while, but this is my first question around here!

I have a project that is edited in FINAL CUT PRO 7, PRORES 422 (HQ). Turns out that (surprise!) i have to delivery everything in DNxHD 145.
I tried to convert using Compressor, MPEGStream and FinalCut with custom settings (i installed AVID and got the DNxHD codecs in FinalCut). All of these options messed with my chroma levels. The black is not black, the green is "radioactive"... even when i import the resulted DNxHD in AVID, the scope monitor looks messed. I read im some places that quicktime cant really show (or transcode to) DNxHD with the proper chroma levels...
I tried everything i could, but it just doesnt look good.
Does anyone had this problem before? Do you know of a good workflow for this problem?
I read that maybe the only way is to use a HDCAM, and than capture into AVID with the proper codec... but i just cant afford a HDCAM...

Please... Help me!!

Thank you anyway for the attention!!

Gabriel

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Converting ProRes to DNxHD
on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:41:55 pm

It's easy if you've got Avid MC. You just drag your Prores file into a Avid Project and it starts converting into The DNxHD codec.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Gabriel Queiroz
on Oct 24, 2013 at 5:04:15 pm

that simple... gonna try this! thank you!

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:46:36 pm

I just used Compressor to convert ProRes to DNxHD and it seemed to look OK. It was actually one single 200Gb clip (a college football game) and it took a few hours but I didn't notice any abnormally messed up chroma when it was done. I used the Quicktime Component option in Compressor.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]