FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questioning my sanity

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Heck
Questioning my sanity
on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:29:17 pm

Hi all. Here's my quandary. I use a Panasonic HPX-370 camera and use the AVC Intra codec for filming. Shot in 720p. I am using FCP 7 and I did the log and transfer of the images into the FCP bin.

I then went into the FCP Project files and copied the now MOV files into another folder. In this folder they are listed as 1280 x 720 Apple AVC-Intra, Integer Little Endian Timecode. I then sent the videos off to a new client. They get no picture, only audio which tells me they don't have the AVC Intra codec in their edit system.

I then converted the footage from the timeline to Apple Pro Res 422 into another bin. The file says 1280 x 720 Codecs Little Endian Apple Pro Res 422. The client says they cannot open this file either. Audio but no video.

I am stumped. They tell me they are running premiere pro on a pc. Any advice? I transferred the footage via Drop Box and they can play it from there, but when they download nada. Is it possible they don't have the Pro Res plug in for quicktime? Thanks.

Jeff Heck
NaJor Productions
Indianapolis

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Questioning my sanity
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:25:35 pm

Sure, it's possible. What is their system? It's tough to make a recommendation without knowing that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:43:19 pm

Hi Jeff,

you did exactly what I would have done. If they are on an older version of premiere, they need AVI files.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Jeff Heck
on Oct 17, 2013 at 7:11:10 pm

Thanks!

Jeff Heck
NaJor Productions
Indianapolis

Return to posts index

Jeff Heck
on Oct 17, 2013 at 7:10:48 pm

That I do not know as of yet. It's a new client, and an odd one. They are to call me later today. What's got me stumped is that they list codecs they can take and Pro Res 422 is one of them, yet they tell me they can't read it. I'll find out later and post here. Thanks!

Jeff Heck
NaJor Productions
Indianapolis

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:21:46 pm

Can they open them with quicktime? IIRC, the prores codecs for windows have to be downloaded separately. There are somewhere in Apple.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]