FORUMS: list search recent posts

Running Final Cut Pro on Avid Digital Betacam System

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Murphy
Running Final Cut Pro on Avid Digital Betacam System
on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:10:14 pm

Hello, all...

I work at a studio which has a Mac-based Avid Media Composer Mojo DX system that is patched into a group of BETACAM SP, Digital BETACAM, and HDCAM decks housed in our office.

We also have a Mac Pro with Final Cut Pro installed, and an AJA KONA LHe board which connects this second system to the same group of decks.

That second system is waning, so I installed the Final Cut Studio applications on the Avid Mac so that I could run both NLE softwares on the same machine. However, I have no capture presets or deck control from the Final Cut Pro software after the new install. If I can't utilize the decks for capture, there's really no point in having the Final Cut Studio installed on this Avid machine.

Is there something I need to install or download in order to obtain deck control within Final Cut Pro, or is there some other hardware which needs to be purchased? I know it's possible to run both on the same machine, and I don't recall that the system needed separate external hardware in order to access these CAM decks for both applications, but I'm not a gearhead either. It's entirely possible.

Can anybody help me out? Essentially, I need to be able to capture from the BETACAM SP, Digital BETACAM, and HDCAM decks directly into Final Cut Pro, and I'm wondering if it's possible with the setup I have.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Running Final Cut Pro on Avid Digital Betacam System
on Oct 16, 2013 at 4:20:07 pm

FCP doesn't work with the MOJO, nor any Avid hardware. You can only capture and have deck control with FCP approved hardware, like your Kona LHe. But installing both cards in one machine isn't recommended.

If you want to run FCP and capture from those decks, you'll need a new MacPro. Or a used on...one that is new to you.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Running Final Cut Pro on Avid Digital Betacam System
on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:02:20 am

[Kevin Murphy] " so I installed the Final Cut Studio applications on the Avid Mac so that I could run both NLE softwares on the same machine. However, I have no capture presets or deck control from the Final Cut Pro software after the new install."
You need to install the AJA drivers after installing FC.
You also need to install the AJA Exchange application to control the VTRs.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]