FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Projection

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Gray
Cinema Projection
on Oct 15, 2013 at 6:54:04 am

I have a film shot on a DSLR and edited in Pro-Res 422 and want to give a showing. I have two choices, one to plug in my laptop to a projector and show it at angle to the screen because the projector for this has to be wheeled into the auditorium, or create a JPEG2000 render of the film for the following projector:

NEC NC-2000C 2K Digital Projector
Doremi 2K ShowVault Cinema Storage Server
(Support JPEG2000 Format Only)

Has anyone had any experience with this and what sort of problems in the image should I expect and can I fix it before I go through the process of trying to conform my footage to the cinema's technical requirements?

My footage has been colour corrected but not graded and nor has my sound been professionally engineered, though for the most part my own sound mix isn't bad. But it aint 5 point dolby stereo. My money has not stretched to this and I'm rather hoping that a distributor will foot the bill for the final finish.

In the meantime though i want a good showing to a group of people connected with the movie, without me having to apologise for technical cockups that I fear will happen if I don't get a compatible render sorted out.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Cinema Projection
on Oct 15, 2013 at 12:50:17 pm

You could playback from your computer. Just keep in mind, the output will be a "Computer" signal compared to a "Video" signal. Big difference in color.

Rent an AJA KiPro for playback to the projector for best results.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Cinema Projection
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:19:51 pm

Doesn't your version of QT Pro have JPEG 2000 as a legacy codec? Just export the necessary file for the projector.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]