FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Settings Issue - FCP 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Spencer
Sequence Settings Issue - FCP 7.0.3
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:31:09 pm

Hi all,

I thought everything with my new project was running swimmingly... UNTIL NOW!

So, I am working on a project and cutting with video that is ProRes 422 (LT) 1920 x 1080, square pixels. I started organizing and cutting with Proxy files, but since I was in the early phase (and after discussing the pros and cons of working with Proxy vs. full rez clips) decided to go with the full rez material. I reconnected all my media and reset my sequences to be 1920 x 1080 ProRes 422(LT) & square pixels. All of that worked fine. The picture looks great and plays fine.

I just created a few new sequences and those sequence settings are being created 1440 x 1080, ProRes 422, and a pixel aspect ratio of HD1440x1080. When I change the sequence to 1920x1080, square pixels, and ProRes422 (LT) the picture is crunched (faces are narrower).

I compared older sequences with the correct settings (with the 1920x1080 settings that play fine) with the new 1920x1080 sequences that are crunched – I took screen shots of the sequence settings and they are identical. Is there another setting I'm not aware of? Anything I am neglecting to address?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Sequence Settings Issue - FCP 7.0.3
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:43:30 pm

When you put the square pixel media into the non-square pixel timeline FCP automatically adjusted the Motion (scale, distort, etc.,) attributes of the clips so they would display correctly. Those attributes have to be manually removed now that you are working in a square pixel timeline again. Select all your clips, right click and choose "remove attributes" and uncheck the Basic Motion and Distort tabs. Keep in mind if you did any resizing/reframing that will reset too and will need to be done again.

Return to posts index

Jason Spencer
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:48:38 pm

Thanks! That worked!

I also noticed my sequence presets in A/V Settings were set for 1440x1080, so I changed it to 1920x1080, ProRes422(LT).

Running smooth again.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 15, 2013 at 2:26:25 am

Easy Setup will also give you the correct sequence setting without manipulating any settings.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]