FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious Color Tint Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Millitz
Serious Color Tint Issue
on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:45:41 pm

I have a serious issue with color correcting some footage of the Sony NEX-FS700 with FCP. So far I know this didn't happen to me with footage from other cams. As soon I do any brightness shifting with 3 way color correction I get missing color tints in light balls and area's with small nuances.
Hereby two examples:
http://millitzfilm.com/IssueExample1.png > See light ball.
http://millitzfilm.com/IssueExample2.png > See out of focus foreground.

Hope someone is able to help me out of this! Maybe a workaround?

Ciao,
Timo

Timo

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Serious Color Tint Issue
on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:18:16 pm

Sony works in GOP - a crap format for all editors. We transfer the whole stuff into ProRes (not LT or Proxy!) via Episode, so the streams have around 100MB/s datarate. With these new files you can do a professional color correction.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Serious Color Tint Issue
on Oct 13, 2013 at 11:04:24 pm

I presume you are referring to the banding not the actual skin tone. That banding is common when correcting in 8 bit. You can change FCP to render XDCam in ProRes and set render to 10bit. Only with HDV and XDCam can you change the sequence settings to render in ProRes. This saves the time to convert all to ProRes first. There are other stability reasons to convert to proRes before edit but this is a way to get rid of banding during grading within FCP.

Better still you can send to Color and grade there with the output set to 10 bit ProRes. In Color you can set the internal processing to 16 or 12 bit which also helps with banding. Also Color is a superior tool for grading particularly awkward skin tones shot with the wrong white balance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]