FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project disappears

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Gillett
Project disappears
on Oct 11, 2013 at 6:30:25 pm

Hello,
I've encountered a strange problem with FCP 7 and need some advice. The project file, on it's own, will change itself to a .fcp file and I can no longer open that project (I have to go to the autosave vault and open it from there.) When I try to open the project through open recent nothing happens (but it is here where the file now says the project name and the .fcp.) When I try to open it through OPEN, the project says it has zero information and no longer is a project file and I can not select it to open. When I try to open the project through the project file (in a folder on my desktop) I get a box that states "The application "Final Cut Pro" can't be opened. -108. This problem has come up twice while I was editing. I went to save the project and it asked me to SAVE AS. And again after I properly closed FCP and re-opened it the next day. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thank you,
-Dan
MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
FCP 7
2-TB GTECH external Hard Drive

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Project disappears
on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:12:32 pm

Hi Dan,

two possibilities:
You can try it with digital rebellion, a very good FCP troubleshooting software.
What I would do is: Take one of your autosave Project files and go from there on.
You have to do the old thing: trash preferences etc. then repair permissions and then use the last autosave file.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]