FORUMS: list search recent posts

home button on keyboard bringing up calculator app

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Spencer
home button on keyboard bringing up calculator app
on Oct 10, 2013 at 9:33:04 pm

Hey,

I'm on FCP 7.0.3 and running Mountain Lion. When I press the HOME key on my keayboard it launches the Calculator App when what I want it to do is take me to the top of my sequence. My End button isn't working either. Anything I can do to get those keys to do what I want them to do on FCP? I should add that my keyboard layout has the HOME & END keys mapped as HOME & END keys. I made a workaround for now, but my muscle memory always sends my fingers to those HOME & END keys, and it's driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: home button on keyboard bringing up calculator app
on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:18:30 am

Have you trashed your FCP preferences? Digital Rebellion has a freeand highly-regarded app for doing this.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Spencer
Re: home button on keyboard bringing up calculator app
on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:33:51 am

Figured it out! I went into System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts and then clicked on Application Shortcuts in the left screen. I had to add a brand new shortcut command for the Calculator App. Click + and it brings up a new screen, there's an application pulldown menu, select Calculator and give it a new keyboard shortcut. That overrides the previous shortcut, and you're good to go... at least I was. Whew!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]