FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Web Compressed Video Good Enough for TV?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tod hillman
Making Web Compressed Video Good Enough for TV?
on Oct 10, 2013 at 8:55:15 pm

I produced a web video for a client that wants to air it on TV. Time-Warner sent the spec sheet as follows...

Frame rate SD - 29.97 HD(interlaced) – 29.97 HD(progressive) – 59.94
(Note: You must make sure to manually set your frame rate correctly during your export or the spot will not pass)

I only have the compressed :30 spot I made for the web which is 32MB, 24fps and only 1.0 MB/sec. I have to change the frame rate, make it DF instead of NDF and any other suggestions to hopefully make it pass for TV. Can I change these parameters? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Making Web Compressed Video Good Enough for TV?
on Oct 10, 2013 at 10:02:21 pm

You don't have the camera masters to rebuild the cut? I HIGHLY doubt that converting what you have will be acceptable for air.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

tod hillman
on Oct 10, 2013 at 10:34:37 pm

Well Shane they are on a 2tb G-RAID that is corrupted. I got a quote for $800 (minimum) from a place in Northern California to save the files. Unfortunately they need this today. The video looks a little strobed as is.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:23:52 am

Well...send it and see. But compressed as much as it is, I can't see it passing muster.

the camera masters are on that drive? or the project and media? Oy...this is rough. I always archive my camera masters to TWO hard drives...I use bare SATA drives and a drive dock (cheap)...and then archive my final show outputs, and often the project with media managed media. Because I've had stuff like what happened to you, happen to me.

Never again.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

tod hillman
on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:34:09 am

Yes the camera masters are on the drive, the project file is on my computer's internal drive. I sent it, after running it through compressor to conforms to (most) of their specs. Have you ever had to retrieve files from a corrupt drive? Any recommendations? For sure I will back up next time, thanks....

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:33:02 pm

Checkout Gillware. I believe they charge nothing if they can't recover the data.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]