FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 and Mountain Lion to Premiere mid-project?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aya Okawa
FCP 7 and Mountain Lion to Premiere mid-project?
on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:29:56 pm

My home office was recently burglarized and my two editing laptops were stolen. I was running FCP 7 on Lion on MacBook Pros. The theft forced me to get as a replacement computer a MBP running Mountain Lion. While I was able to re-install FCP 7 on Mountain Lion, its performance is super buggy - all my edits have a flashy look to them like there are some extra frames, and the viewer and canvas show significant banding on playback. On other threads I've seen that others have had this problem too; some attribute it to graphics cards, for others changing the cards doesn't seem to help.

Additionally, FCP seems to freeze up and crash occasionally, which makes me really nervous...So now like many others, I'm thinking of going to Premiere, maybe sooner rather than later at this point, but I wanted to see what success others have had in making the switch to Premiere mid-project? In addition to the learning curve I'll have, I'm in the middle of two large projects in FCP7, and I don't know how much work might be lost in converting to Premiere? Has anyone tried this successfully? When you pull a FCP file into Premiere, how much gets lost? I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7 and Mountain Lion to Premiere mid-project?
on Oct 9, 2013 at 10:22:10 pm

It's not enough to simply install FCP 7. You need to run the updates until there aren't any more. It doesn't sound like you did that, and it really helps.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aya Okawa
Re: FCP 7 and Mountain Lion to Premiere mid-project?
on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:03:08 am

Thanks Dave - you are right I didn't install any of the updates. I'll try that now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]