FORUMS: list search recent posts

MyGration to da Adobe Cloud...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
MyGration to da Adobe Cloud...
on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:33:39 am

after several friends saying i gotta do it, i finally did it. downloaded the Adobe Premiere CC the other day and really liking it so far. a few dumb questions, but a little more tinkering oughta answer them.

so, not many dumb questions left for this forum...most of them will now be in the "other" one.

THANK YOU so much for all the help so many of you have been here. i stand in awe of your brilliance, but even moreso at your willingness to so freely share that brilliance and expertise.

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MyGration to da Adobe Cloud...
on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:11:30 am

You made a good choice...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:23:41 pm

...although I have to say, despite Premiere Pro being a fine editor, that I am totally opposed to Adobe's subscription model.

Should that black day ever come when you have no alternative but to suspend the subscription, you lose the ability to open project files shortly therefter.

So basically, Adobe is holding your work hostage and you're paying protection money. Didn't Al Capone do that too?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:28:15 pm

@Dave - Wow, I must have missed that in the fin print! We have CC at my office but I have yet to upgrade my home office - after reading this I might hold off as long as I can. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are basically the industry standard - few others but it would be hard not using the Adobe products.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 8, 2013 at 10:42:01 pm

Glad to have bgeen of service. Depending on how closely you follow such things, it's been the stuff of great controversy or a total surprise.

I would strongly recommend that you buy CS6 while it's still available. It should help you out over the next couple of years.

Currently, the CC applications contain the ability to backsave to CS6, minus the new bells & whistles.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]