FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080i files in FCP7 ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Davidson
1080i files in FCP7 ...
on Oct 5, 2013 at 7:17:40 am

Hello,

On my 15GB Mac Pro, I have FCP 7.0.3. installed.

I am shooting 1080i on a Sony Z7 camera and by using the HDMI output, am capturing images on an Atomos Ninja-2 field recorder (ProRes422).

The output settings on the Z7 are as follows: output 1080i (interlaced) with a scan type of 25.

The output image I see on the Z7 viewfinder and the Ninja-2 screen (especially when panning, tilting and zooming) is sharp and smooth and crystal clear. To double check that the Z7 output is good, I plugged it into a large screen TV (again, via the HDMI socket): 1080i 50HZ. The image on the TV screen is sharp and smooth - no matter the camera’s movement.

With FCP open, I say ‘yes’ to the sequence settings matching the clip settings; 1080i, 25 frames and Upper field first.

However, once the ProRes 422 files have been transferred into FCP, any camera movement gives the impression of a soft image, with edges becoming blurred on pans, tilts and zooms. Even with a static frame, any movement within looks somewhat juddery.

Should the files be played around with before importing to FCP? Does anyone know a work-around for this problem?

I would be most grateful.

Colin

Return to posts index

Colin Davidson
Re: 1080i files in FCP7 ...
on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:37:35 am

Really? No one has any ideas??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]