FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jefferson Andres
Final Cut Pro question
on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:19:48 pm

Hi everyone is there a tool in FCP that can do parenting/parent or similar to that? like in After Effects, if yes. how?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro question
on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:57:03 pm

No. FCP is an editing tool, with some compositing ability. it's main function is to edit.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:20:02 pm

For much of what parenting can do you can nest. Precompose in AE terms. That's what we had to do in AE before they added parenting. Am I showing my age?

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:31:06 pm

thanks everyone for the fast reply.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 4, 2013 at 7:53:57 pm

You CAN do something like that by importing the footage into Apple Motion, using Grouping. The main group can act as the parent or null object, and layer of stuff within the group goes along for the ride as "child". And you can nest groups inside of groups.

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Oct 4, 2013 at 9:56:14 pm

thanks for your advice mark, but too bad I don't have apple motion

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 4, 2013 at 10:39:50 pm

How do you NOT have it? It came bundled with Final Cut, as well as DVD Studio Pro and Compressor.

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Oct 4, 2013 at 10:49:27 pm

WTF. thank you very much dude. I really don't know that it has motion installed in my mac. I just started using FCP few weeks ago. and now my problem is I don't know yet how to use this one, but anyways thankyou so much dude.

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Oct 4, 2013 at 11:02:43 pm

now I need to study first on how to use this before I try your advice. btw do you have any links for a video tutorial for that?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 5, 2013 at 1:47:51 am

I wonder where those might be?

http://forums.creativecow.net/search.php?q=apple+motion+tutorials

If you're serious and want a FAST course that gives you everything you need in one weekend, in an easy to digest format, buy Stephen Smith's Apple Motion Tutorial DVD. It's for Motion 3-4, but most of the concepts transfer over to Motion 5.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 5, 2013 at 2:46:44 am

Groups are akin to pre comps or nests. I can't think of anything in Motion quite like parenting. I guess groups is kinda similar in that groups are displayed on the same screen as all the other layers, unlike nests. But I find that to be incredibly annoying. In AE I'll have a precomp with 100 layers, and inside that would be another precomp with another 100 layers. In Motion that sort of thing is a mess. Scroll scroll scroll.

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Oct 5, 2013 at 10:37:09 am

now I get what you mean about precomp inside the precomp. thank you very much, I think 'I don't need to use motion apple though i really want to learn that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]