FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Error:The specified fileis open and in use by this or another application

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Harrison
on Oct 1, 2013 at 9:50:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have searched and searched but all I can find related to this issue is rendering but I'm having this problem when I export and not rendering. The error I'm getting is:

I have tried changing scratch disk locations, setting spotlight to not look into render folders, cleared preferences, deleted renders - closed everything - restarted and re-rendered and it still hits me with this error.

What I do know is, it only happens when I am exporting timelines that are fairly long - about 30 to 45 minutes. I can export using QuickTime Movie no problem, but I'm usually exporting for Vimeo or YouTube or for our video servers so I'm usually exporting "using QuickTime Conversion" The export takes about an hour maybe two at the most and I usually get the error when there is about 15 or 20 minutes left or when it's about 75% done.

I'm on FCP 7

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
Re: File Error:The specified file is open and in use by this or another application
on Oct 2, 2013 at 9:03:19 pm

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I alone in this? Could it be a QuickTime issue?

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
Re: File Error:The specified file is open and in use by this or another application
on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:23:49 pm

Here's an update for anyone who is search or following this thread:

I tried exporting the timeline in a couple different ways to test it. First I did half and half - set my in point at the beginning of the timeline and my out point in the middle. First half exported with no problem, second half failed with the same error.

Next I tried exporting the timeline is little bit. I was able to export everything in 6 segment with no issues at all.

So then I tried exporting the whole thing again - Failed
Then I tried exporting everything but the last bit of the timeline - Failed
From here I stared moving my out point closer and closer to the beginning of the time line. So far everything has failed but - going to keep trying this.

At one point I tried exported using Quicktime and then brought it back in and tried exporting it via the recommend setting that Vimeo gives and it also failed.

I'm beginning to think all this is a length issue but how do you resolve that? The export gets to about 2 minuted lets in a 45 to 50 minute project and then fails with the "File Error:The specified file is open and in use by this or another application" message.

At a total loss here. Any help or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Sam Griffin
on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:50:01 pm

I'm having the EXACT same problem trying to export a 40 min file.

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:39:11 pm

Hi Sam,

I feel your pain - I'm still not sure what it going on. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. For a little while there I thought I might have my frame rate for my sequence different than my clips but after looking that wasn't the case.

I wish I could offer you more advice on this but I am stuck as well. I ended up exporting it not using qt conversion and then used a different program to compress for vimeo. Sucks to have to do that.

Hope you have better luck!

Jon

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]