FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinked from AIC to ProRes - now clip height is squashed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Paul Edwards
Relinked from AIC to ProRes - now clip height is squashed
on Oct 1, 2013 at 4:39:30 pm

Relinked Sequence in FCP7 (originally Apple Intermediate Codex in FCE) to ProRes - now clips are squashed in height on timeline....

Idea being that I want to upgrade the project to ProRes and cut in FCP7 at home after using Apple Intermediate Codex with Final Cut Express on my laptop. original footage is H264.

Was cutting with AIC trancodes of original H264 media, then transcoded H264 to ProRes, moved AIC media to go offline and pointed FCP7 to the ProRes clips in the reconnect media manager. Then copied all the clips in sequence, made a new ProRes sequence, and pasted the sequence contents into. So now I have a ProRes sequence with ProRes clips but FCP is treating wrong, the clip height in squashed so they appear 'widescreen' - is FCP still treating them like AIC clips still I presume.

How do I prevent FCP from squashing my clips? (I can double click clips and view them in the viewer - where they also appear squashed - and drag them back onto the timeline but they are treated the same - squashed vertically)

Had the same problem before, tried deleting renders, re-render, copy sequence into new project, remove attributes ... only thing I could do was 'reveal in finder' and cut ProRes clips back in manually!

cheers a million for your help folks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Edwards
Re: Relinked from AIC to ProRes - now clip height is squashed
on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:26:03 am

SOLUTION:

Select all clips in timeline
right clip
select Remove Attributes
tick Distort

Return to posts index