FORUMS: list search recent posts

Oops! NX-5 recorded all shots with date burned in at the bottom...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
Oops! NX-5 recorded all shots with date burned in at the bottom...
on Sep 30, 2013 at 5:47:07 am

...is there anyway to delete it, (like change the metadata or something?) before converting the files to Pro Res? I'm guessing not, but thought i would ask. I'm guessing i'm stuck with zooming in a bit...

: (

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Oops! NX-5 recorded all shots with date burned in at the bottom...
on Sep 30, 2013 at 7:37:52 am

If it's burned into the image, then it's there...permanently. Only option is to zoom in.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 30, 2013 at 2:23:17 pm

I know my DV camcorder for home movies records such stuff invisibly and you can turn it on or off with a menu setting in the camera during playback OUT of the camera. Pro cameras have a switchable superimposition mode for time code display when playing out. So my first thought is: REALLY TEST your "switchology" while playing out of the camera, as well as the deck, to see if it is indeed "burned in" visually. Same with deck settings.

Now, if the bad news turns out to be yes, time code is actually superimposed on the video, indelibly, you have a few options to choose from and none of them are perfect.

As has been said, you can re-crop the image to hide the code, if it's way low in the frame. May not work if your headroom was tight already.

You can aggressively blur the display, but this still calls attention to it.

You can try to paint it out with rotoscoping tools in either photoshop or AE. Tedious, but probably the best result.

You can try to mask it with similar pixels by grabbing a few lines of the image just above and blow the numbers, copying them to another layer above the main video track, and stretching them plus adding blur.

An ideal I've played around with is to select the white keyed area and apply a luma key with adjusted blending modes to change the lettering from white to sort of transparent by filling the key in with adjacent "clean" pixels. THEN applying blur if it helps.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 30, 2013 at 3:19:14 pm

Also, check pages 84 and 97 of your manual

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]