FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery footage in export using 720p60 at 23.98fps in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lunday
Jittery footage in export using 720p60 at 23.98fps in FCP
on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:32:54 am

So I'm outputing a feature film length timeline from FCP 6 to send to studio for post work. The problem I'm having is that some of the movie gets jittery frame issues...not sure if they are dropped frames or what is going on...it was shot on a panasonic HVX200 at 720p60 at a frame rate of 23.98. And so my sequence settings match this (the compressor is set at 720p60 with the editing timebase at 23.98). So I use export to quicktime conversion and my settings are at 'current' with 'key frames' at 24fps...my compression type is H.264 and 'Data Rate' is automatic...So 'current' would be 24fps since that's what my sequence is?? I just don't know why I would have these little occasional jittery moments in my footage? Could it be that my quicktime player just can't handle the file? the size of it? I actually did change the frame rate to 60fps with 'key frames' to automatic and the jitter issues seemed to be gone while still retaining the filmic 24fps look...which is what I want. It seems however that it would be best to try and get the output to match whatever settings the sequence is..which would be the 'current' frame rate settings...Has anyone else had these same issues?? Am I maybe doing something else wrong? Or should I just go with the 60fps?

Thanks!
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]