FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 and NEW iMacs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake van Vuuren
Final Cut Pro 7 and NEW iMacs
on Sep 25, 2013 at 3:49:27 pm

Hi Folks!

I currently use FCP 7 on an old MacPro 1.1 (2 x 2.66 dual core). I am thinking of buying one of the NEW iMacs that was just updated this week. Specs below and running FCP7 on it.

2.7GHz quad core Intel i5
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive

1) Is anyone using FCP7 on this configuration?
2) Will a 5400rpm hard drive be okay with FCP7 running? Or should I get 256GB SSD?
3) Is there any loud fan noise issues or over-heating while using FCP7 on iMac?
4) Any issues with FCP running on Mountain Lion?

Thanks!

Jake

jakevv

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and NEW iMacs
on Sep 26, 2013 at 4:05:04 pm

It should be fine. I run FCP 7.0.3 on OSX 10.8.5 with no issues in a shared storage environment.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and NEW iMacs
on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:35:24 pm

Nobody knows (or is telling) if the new OS Mavericks is going to "break" FCP7 and/or the Quicktime components it depends on. So your spiffy new machine will be stuck in Mountain Lion, unless maybe you create a dual-boot situation and run a complete separate system, just for FCS3. Seems like a lot of work.

At some point, every Elvis fan has to accept that The King has left the building. I expect Apple to brutally force everyone's hand with Mavericks, sooner or later, that would be in keeping with overall corporate plans.

I'm going to learn both FCX and Premiere; we'll have to make the jump to one of them sometime in the next 3 years or so. The high def workflow here is bogging down on our old hardware, and the hardware refresh in turn triggers the software changes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]