FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with FCP 7 playback on external LG monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Maragoudaki
Problems with FCP 7 playback on external LG monitor
on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:53:01 pm

I have just purchased an LG 22EA63 external monitor to use with FCP 7. Monitor connects fine, works ok with other programmes but once in FCP , when i transfer both canvas and viewer windows onto the monitor, playback in not smooth with flickering streaks as if the footage is interlaced (even though my current project only has progressive footage). However it gets even worse with other FCP projects that contain interlaced footage - playback on canvas is even more jerky and streaky, and the viewer window is unable to play back most alterations made to clips (especially anyhting to do with motion or speed), making clips jaggered and unwatchable.

Any ideas what the problem is? I'm assuming it is to do with the LG screens' native resolution which is 1080p , but that doesn't explain why it is failing to play progressive clips at full quality.. Also I couldn't find another resolution setting that worked.

I am connecting via HDMI to a MacBook Pro (2.8ghz Intel Core Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, native screen res: 1440x900).

Obviously if I cant fix this I'll have to take the monitor back, any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]