FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Error: Unknown file - all the time in my FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Braun
File Error: Unknown file - all the time in my FCP
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:59:11 am

I am editing and when I try to render anything (right now audio cross fades) I can't and the message "File Error: Unknown file" pops up. I had the same prpblem a couple of hours ago when I dragged some footage into the timeline... It asked to render (red line) and I got that message. I re converted all videos to 1720 X 980 in order to edit, but I realizeed the problem is probably on my FCP as now I can't even render the dissolves without getting the same message. Any ideas?

Carlos

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: File Error: Unknown file - all the time in my FCP
on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:35:06 am

FCP works with standard broadcast frame sizes. That isn't one. 1920x1080...1280x720...those are HD frame sizes. Anything else will require a render.

Also, FCP works with specific codecs only. For HD, the standard codec is ProRes 422. But for a full list, look in the Easy Setups in the Final Cut Pro menu. FCP will not work with H.264, MP4, or other highly compressed delivery format.

Where did this footage come from? How did you convert it? And what did you convert it to?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carlos Braun
on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:16:47 pm

Thanks Shane. Actually the problem seems to be of a different nature. My FCP is not rendering anything, so it wasn't really a problem with the video files. I cannot render audio transations, the same message (File Error: Unknown file) shows up.

Carlos

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:16:27 pm

Trash your preferences. PREFERENCE MANAGER from digitalrebellion.com will do this with one button click, and it's free. Apple uses it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Sep 24, 2013 at 1:59:32 pm

The location you set to send render files to, or the location you are using to save the project to probably does not exist. Have you ejected an external drive accidentally.

FCP throws up this error if a volume goes offline. Check in your system settings in FCP, and also try saving the project to your desktop temporarily.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]